This journey level Project Controls Analyst position provides support to Project Managers on Electric Operations projects with minimal guidance of the Project Manager/PCA Supervisor. If assigned, may perform functions in the Project Support Function, the Central Data Management Function, and/or the Central Financial Analysis Functions.
- Interface with design and planning resources and software systems.
- Prepare various cost reports and maintain forecast accuracy. Prepare project performance analysis, cost, and schedule status reports. Identify cost and schedule variances from objectives and recommend corrective action.
- Assess and report on project performance using established industry standards.
- Maintain scope change, contingency release, change order, and journal entry logs.
- Document change order requests, project status, key issues, risks and resolution, priority changes and approvals.
- Ensure that responses to budget and cost requests reflect correct project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Provide regular communication on project cost, schedule and risk status to project team members, stakeholders and public.
- Input data into various programs and prepare various cost and forecasting reports.
- Resolve all open items, ensure compliance requirements are met and settlement rules are entered, and close out order.
- Review and assist in the preparation of Advance Authorizations, Job Estimates and Re-Authorizations and assist PM in routing for approval.
- Ensure that responses to project budget, and GRC or FERC cost requests reflect accurate and current project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Create, maintain, and update monthly forecast budgets.
- Verify that project cost and schedule milestones were/were not attained and provide input to identify future process or business improvements and work with responsible parties to implement.
- Prepare journal entries and coordinate or process goods receipts in current software system.
- Maintain written and electronic project documentation and records for required aspects of the project: Maintain project files in accordance with established guidelines and requirements (Ex: utilizing the electronic document management system or EDMS).
- Manage orders from inception through completion and all required documentation is entered in current software system (Ex: EDMS).
- Use the cost and schedule plan to determine if project objectives are achievable.
- Knowledge of mathematics – for example algebra, geometry, trigonometry – as needed to perform at the job level
- Experience with appropriate software tools, e.g., SAP Work Management, BPC, Planning Orders, BW, P6 (Primavera), MS Excel
- Accounting/budgeting knowledge
- Risk Management and Earned Value Analysis experience
- Forecasting skills
- Knowledge of project management tools – for example Primavera, PGE work scheduling and management – as needed to perform at the job level
- Project Management, Project Controls, or Construction Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to apply project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Competency in making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- 1 year of experience in electric or gas transmission or distribution business operations area, business planning, accounting, finance, construction management or project management, at PG&E; OR, 2 years of experience in electric or gas transmission and/or distribution business operations area, business planning, accounting, finance, construction management and/or project management, if hired externally
- Knowledge of Unifier, ProjectWise, and/or HeavyBid
- Competency in providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Competency in interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rocklin, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A