This senior level Project Controls Analyst position provides support to Project Managers on Electric Transmission & Distribution Substation projects with minimal guidance of the Project Manager/PCA Supervisor. If assigned, may perform functions in the Project Support Function; the Central Data Management Function; and/or the Central Financial Analysis Functions. Travel to/from various project-related function is required approximately 25% of the time. Provide guidance to journey level PCA’s
- Ensure that responses to project budget, and GRC or FERC cost requests reflect accurate and current project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Assess and report on project performance using established industry standards.
- Attend Project and Job kickoff and walk down meetings.
- Interface with design and planning resources and software systems.
- Provide regular communication on project cost, schedule and risk status to project team members, stakeholders and public.
- Review and assist in the preparation of Advance Authorizations, Job Estimates and Re-Authorizations and assist PM in routing for approval.
- Input data into various programs and prepare various cost and forecasting reports.
- Participate in project status meetings, collect progress data and revise project plan as needed.
- Use the cost and schedule plan to determine if project objectives are achievable. Create, maintain, and update monthly forecast budgets. Prepare various cost reports and maintain forecast accuracy. Prepare project performance analysis, cost, and schedule status reports. Identify cost and schedule variances from objectives and recommend corrective action.
- Document, monitor and communicate project milestones and risks with appropriate stakeholders.
- Monitor financial progress and maintain Project Manager’s order group. Develop, maintain and control project schedule plans using appropriate software (for ex: SAP Project System, SAP Work Management System, and MS Project).
- Create, maintain and update schedules.
- In coordination with Project Manager develop project schedule and cash flow/forecast plans with functional department input.
- Ensure that responses to budget and cost requests reflect correct project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Prepare journal entries and coordinate or process goods receipts in current software system.
- 5 years as a Project Controls Analyst; or, 7 years of PG&E experience in electric or gas transmission and/or, distribution business operations area, business planning, accounting, finance, construction management and/or project management; or 8 years of related experience if hired externally
- Forecasting skills
- Risk Management and Earned Value Analysis experience
- Experience with appropriate software tools, currently SAP Work Management, Controlling Orders,
- Proficiency in EXCEL, ACCESS, Primavera P6
- Knowledge of Unifier, ProjectWise, and/or HeavyBid
- Accounting/budgeting knowledge
- Project Management, Project Controls, or Construction Management experience
- Knowledge of P6 scheduling
- Mathematical skills
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Planning Orders, BW and Analysis for Office
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Clovis, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A