This is a journey-level project substation engineer job that requires mastery of the Associate level engineer skills and duties and is responsible for leading the engineering and design of more complex projects. Uses independent judgment in applying engineering principles, working with minimal supervision. Works with engineers, project managers, construction personnel, and other business partners in assessing project needs. Responsibilities beyond those of associate Project engineer include, but are not limited to, the following: Develop technical studies and reports, and provide guidance to contractors and outside vendors.
- Solicits, prepares, and evaluates contracts and proposals from engineering consultants. Reviews consultant contracts for technical compliance.
- Represents PG&E to government bodies as required for assigned projects.
- Resolves problems of moderate scope, typically requiring standard solutions.
- Interprets and applies applicable codes and regulations.
- Approves reports, new drawings, and revisions to existing drawings for projects.
- In emergencies, promptly responds to facility failures.
- Provides technical expertise and performs engineering analyses, studies, and develops conceptual designs.
- Develops, evaluates, and recommends alternative project proposals.
- Participates in the development of effective restoration plans.
- Solicits, prepares, and evaluates contracts and proposals from engineering consultants.
- Provides guidance to design and contractor team members, and reviews design and technical documents.
- Assists in root cause analysis.
- Presents findings to internal organizations, contractors and outside vendors.
- Conducts walkdowns and design review meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge and abilities required for the Associate level Engineer and in addition:
- Reviews consultant contracts for technical compliance.
- Assignments typically require standard solutions.
- Responds, in emergencies, to facility failures.
- Prepares written technical documents such as design criteria, specifications, and reports.
- 3 years of cumulative experience in engineering and design
- Experience in substation engineering and design
- California PE license
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside the US
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Sacramento, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A