Develop and lead a dynamic and diverse team of Inspectors, Field Engineers, Construction Managers, and other support staff to facilitate compliant construction, inspection, and project closeout for high priority Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) contracted construction projects. Accountable for managing staff, supporting project success, and ensuring contractor compliance to safety and quality plans. Manages priorities of all stakeholders to ensure projects are completed safely, on schedule, and in the most cost effective and efficient manner. The successful candidate must have a commitment to safety, be organized, possess creative problem-solving skills, able to communicate complex issues to senior leadership and customers, and be flexible.
- Facilitates or leads weekly team meetings/safety tailboards. Conducts training as needed.
- Monitors and ensures construction quality standards. Articulates compliance requirements and their impact on the business to employees and contractors.
- Supervises staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, and rewards and recognition.
- Oversees inspection scheduling to minimize resource movement and cost. Coordinates with Project Management and EPC Contractors regarding construction schedules, required resources and priorities.
- Supports effective up-front project planning to minimize costs, change orders and maximize efficiency.
- Lead approximately 8 -12 team members including: Inspectors, Field Engineers, and clerical staff supporting project closeout.
- Review incident reports and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains a strong understanding of PG&E construction standards and safety requirements.
- Embodies and leads with safe behaviors in all aspects of work performance. Promotes a speak up, listen up, and follow up culture.
- Ensures as-builts and construction closeout documents are compliant, complete, meet quality standards, and processed in a timely manner.
- Regularly visits work sites (at least 50% of time) to monitor progress and employee performance.
- Identifies potential issues with the project and advises the project manager, engineers, construction crew, and other stakeholders as necessary, on the impact and possible alternatives.
- Will participate in request for proposals (RFPs), benchmarking and process improvement reviews and activities.
- Customer services orientation, including communication skills, initiative and problem solving.
- Experience using business metrics to motivate and influence performance.
- Knowledge of the California Public Utility Commission General Orders (GO) 95, 128, 165.
- Extensive leadership skills including developing and conducting presentations to employees and management.
- Knowledge of various bargaining unit contracts.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and/or supervising bargaining unit personnel.
- General computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Project management skills. T-300 Supervisors must have strong project management skills to oversee larger construction projects.
- Previous experience in the electric utility industry. Journeyman lineman experience preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field
- Demonstrated ability to uphold safety standards and participate in continuous process improvement
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence a team to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Bluff, California
Application Deadline: N/A