This infrastructure position is responsible for the concurrent management of one or more small to medium-sized lT infrastructure projects. These projects are one-time, multitask jobs that have clearly defined start and end dates, a specific scope of work, a budget, required resources, and a specified performance objective to be achieved, Resolves problems of moderate scope. Assignments typically require standard l0 solutions, generally works independently with limited feedback from other engineers and supervisor. Demonstrates full technical competence.
- Use the cost and work plan to determine if project objectives are achievable. Adjusts project scope, with project sponsor approval, and schedule as appropriate to accommodate change
- Participate and lead project status meetings and communicate status of all projects to stakeholders and management. Record, track and communicate issues, risks, changes, and status reports within a PG&E standard tool
- Works in collaboration with project leads and project teams to develop and maintain project schedules and monitor cost status and forecasts.
- Assesses and report on project performance using established industry standards.
- Communicate any schedule changes or impacts to stakeholders and obtain authorization per Project Change Request Process
- Define resource needs, obtain commitments, and manage staffing requirements to form project teams
- Create, maintain, and update monthly forecast budgets
- Clearly define and communicate roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with project sponsors, vendors and key clients
- Manage SAP orders from inception through completion and ensure all required documentation is entered into current software system
- Conduct project kick-off meetings and site visits as necessary
- Interface with Design and Construction resources. Track status of deliverables with resource groups and resolve potential issues
- Accurately and consistently forecast project resource, material and contract costs within standard PG&E tool(s)
- Manage financial progress and forecasts. Communicate any financial changes or impacts to stakeholders and obtain authorization for budget underruns, overruns, or changes to estimates using project change request process and appropriate software.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained. Prepare all project documentation for closure, storage, and possible auditing activities, ensuring technical accuracy
- Proficiency in negotiation and risk management
- Skill inventory and database experience
- Understanding of PG&E’s business, and lT strategies and objectives
- Understanding of lT roles and responsibilities at PG&E
- Fully competent understanding of project management principles and methodologies
- Project and Portfolio Management (PPMC), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office
- Suite, SAP, etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from the Project Management institute (PMl)
- Possess understanding of complex lT lnfrastructure technologies (ex: SONET, DWDM, Fiber, Microwave, etc,).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired from the Project Management institute (PMl)
- Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment
- Financial Acumen, team player, makes agreements
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills
- Workforce planning and resource management skills
- Skilled in using lT Methodology and appropriate software tools- currently HP
- Three (3) years’ experience in project management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Davis, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A