This is a senior-level engineer job that requires mastery of the substation journey owner’s and project engineer duties. The Senior Engineer oversees our alliance engineering firms to lead simple to complex substation engineering and design projects. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of substation engineering concepts, principles, and practices to resolve complex problems with only general direction. Provides technical leadership and coaching to junior engineers. Researches and identifies practical solutions to solve complex problems. Reviews and negotiates engineering and design proposals, ensure adherence to the TD-3330P work procedure, check the accuracy and completeness of the final project scope, review and accept construction drawings, provide engineering support during construction, ensure all job close out duties, such as as-built review meeting, etc., are complete. Also acts as a subject matter expert on select substation equipment.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with our external business partners
- May represent PG&E at external industry associations, committees, trade organizations and other
- inter-utility groups.
- Perform the functions of Associate, Journey and Senior level Engineer
- Manage large highly complex projects and perform engineering analyses, studies, and develop conceptual designs.
- Develop innovative solutions to solve challenging technical issues.
- Act as an engineering mentor to junior engineers.
- Acts as a lead in root cause analysis and makes recommendations to address local and system-wide problems.
- Develop technical procedures and contributes to the development of standards, specifications, construction documents, and guidelines.
- Resolve problems of complex scope. Serve as a key technical resource within area of specialization. Apply creativity or new approaches to assignments that may be unique. Lead others on technically complex projects. Regularly uses discretion and independent judgment in fulfilling these job functions.
- Current California PE license
- Experience in multiple large and complex substation projects without supervision and serve as team leader
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside the US
- Experience in completing complex substation assignments with few or no precedents or standards
- 8 years of cumulative experience in engineering and design
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Ramon, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A