Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration, and emergency response.
This position may be subject to Joint Apprentice Training Committee (JATC) review and approval. Provisional hires will be required to participate in targeted training to achieve journey-level knowledge of the role and responsibilities.
- Install, repair, maintain, weld, fabricate and upgrade gas transmission and pipeline and distribution piping.
- Must work safely always as defined by PG&E’s safety standards and procedures.
- Perform welding in construction and maintenance of pipeline facilities using various hand tools such as but not limited to tape measures, protractors, levels, framing squares, straight edges, and power cleaning tools.
- Perform welding using various weld processes.
- Must lead and provide a productive team environment.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and work procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
- Minimum of 5 years working as a Journeyman welder and/or completed a UA welder apprenticeship.
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to lift to 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day.
- Ability to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license.
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vacaville, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A