The Medical Information Specialist position provides technical and medical information, and/or performs intake of adverse events / product complaints with high-quality customer service. Analyzes and researches inquiries and documents interactions according to organizational, customer and regulatory guidelines. The information provided will be given to a level in parallel with the individual’s expertise, experience and training.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of project, and corporate policies and procedures including client products, SOP’s, protocols, GCP’s, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes caller’s questions to formulate an accurate and concise response, using customer-approved resources. Records inquiries and interactions in the appropriate databases following organizational, customer and regulatory guidelines.
- Responds accurately and professionally to technical and medical information inquiries received via phone, email, internet or mail in reference to pharmaceutical or device products. Processes fulfillments and provides clinical trial information, and at times after-hours on call support.
- Works closely with internal and external customer contacts (up to and including members of customer management) to resolve complex inquiries. As needed, researches medical literature and drafts responses for such inquiries.
- Identifies, records and triages adverse events and product complaints according to organizational, customer and regulatory guidelines, and provides additional support (including follow up) as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing); Fluency skills in a second language may be required
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to interpret customer-provided, complex medical and technical information
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years)
- Active North Carolina RN license or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) equivalency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A