The Configuration & Deployment Lead will have experience of working with major programmes of transformation. He/she should have familiarity with GitHub/Lab for source code versioning and tools such as FlexDeploy for automated deployments.
Working closely with the application operations team and the wider Technology team they will be responsible for identifying, designing and delivering related Config & Deployment strategies and solutions. As a Configuration & Deployment Lead, they will provide assurance, governance and direction to the wider team, ensuring that all programmes and BAU teams work effectively together to ensure code/config integrity throughout the environments.
- Plan and coordinate the inbound freight operation from port/airport of arrival through to delivery into Primark depot(s) or other delivery locations within a defined destination region.
- Coordinating the assigned depot(s) intake plan, forecasting, prioritisation of merchandise, and general depot queries.
- Liaise with multiple freight service providers across the relevant operation
- Development and completion of relevant MI data and reports.
- Ability to analyse data and identify key insights to aid operational performance.
- Managing performance and operational relationships at key account manager level across UK, ROI, Europe and US as relevant.
- Finding and delivering any continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities.
- Input into and maintain standard operating procedures across all relevant modes and service providers.
- Monitor the agreed KPIs both internal and external ensuring we maintain the highest level of OTIF performance
- Support Operations managers in operational reviews with all relevant service providers which could be weekly/monthly/quarterly
- Support training requirements for buying and merchandising teams on supply chain systems.
- Understand your part of the overall operating budget, c. £120M (sea, air, road & rail) through controlling the efficient spend of agreed standard costs and managing out all exceptional costs such as demurrage, detention and storage.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal skills – discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- A flexible approach to work and be capable of managing priorities.
- Retail or other fast paced environments desirable
- Excellent all-round problem solving & influencing skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commercially focused considering end to end costs
- Ability to work cross functionally within a team
- Have a desire to travel and inspect operations for yourself first hand
- The ability to ask good questions and understand what a good response sounds like
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leicester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A