The Planning and Space Data & Reporting Lead will be the owner of all data and reporting responsibilities for the Planning and Space function. They will employ industry best practices in reporting and visualisation, to turn day-to-day reporting requirements into actionable insight and build reporting for long-term, sustainable reporting solutions. The Planning and Space Data & Reporting Lead will work closely with key senior stakeholders across business functions such as Planning and Space, BI & Analytics, Buying & Merchandising, Sourcing and Strategy, to enable decision-making which is based on valuable, accessible data insights.
- The Planning and Space Data & Reporting Lead is the data and reporting lead for the Planning and Space function.
- They will work with senior stakeholders across the business to define key reporting requirements and turn these reporting requirements into actionable insight through visualisation best practices.
- Effectively prioritises reporting requirements, based on complexity and business impact.
- Takes a solutions-focused approach to data and reporting; drives efficiencies and improvements in existing reporting and proactively identify opportunities for new and improved reporting and data processes.
- Responsible for building reporting for longer term reporting solutions as well as short-term one-off analysis, ensuring these meet business needs and are easily and readily adopted.
- Has a breadth and depth of knowledge in processes, policies and industry best practice. Keeps up to date with emerging best practices and employs these in the Data & Reporting role.
- Utilises and extract / transform data from sources across the business (both structured and unstructured data) and blends together to give a seamless reporting and data experience.
- Delivers impact to the business by modelling complex, large data.
- Seeks to understand business requests and challenges and translates these to reporting and data outputs. Responsible for summarising this data and making recommendations to the business as appropriate to facilitate decision-making.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholder network and develops a robust knowledge of their internal customer. Provides information, support and advice to stakeholders and widely shares lessons learned and new learnings to drive improvements in the business.
- Ability to interpret business requests or scenarios and translate these into data and reporting requirements
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, with excellent planning capabilities
- Experience working in Retail an advantage
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to concisely visualise large data
- Ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Highly effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work at pace maintaining excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong capability in data manipulation and transformation, and applying analysis to large sets of data
- 3+ years’ experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Microstrategy etc. (Tableau experience an advantage)
- 2+ years’ experience working with SQL / Data Engineering (Teradata an advantage)
- 1+ years’ Alteryx experience a benefit
- Analytical, Technological or Business-related qualification, or equivalent working experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leicester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A