To maximise the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the Islip Depot by providing leadership, effective operational performance and a highly engaged workforce. Ensure that the working environment for everyone at the Islip depot is safe and compliant and offers everyone the chance to work free from harm.
- Creating an environment of dignity and respect amongst all colleagues leading by example
- Develop a close and positive working relationship with the elected Depot Forum representatives, to ensure all colleagues are represented meaningfully in the decision making process.
- Provide strategic leadership, day to day management and personal development to the Islip Depot leadership team.
- Lead the senior management team responsible for all elements of running the distribution centre
- Develop and implement a strategy that improves the depot performance across all metrics, including EHS, colleague engagement, leadership development, store service, continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Be a visible role model for everyone that works in Islip depot, leading change positively and delivering with and through others
- Ensure a strong performance of all Depot KPIs through regular reviews.
- Ultimate responsibility and accountability for Health, Safety and the Environment on Site, and all associated issues relating to health & safety and the environment
- Establishing and driving best practice throughout all areas of the business by effective use of continuous improvement practices and methodologies
- To work with the Supply Chain Leadership Team to set and lead the development of new initiatives that deliver improvement to the distribution centre metrics
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in a similar position
- Experience of continuous improvements practices and methods
- Experience of running automated warehouse solutions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A