Website Costco Wholesale Corporation
The QA Analyst will test core business process applications within the Merchandising areas. The QA Analyst is responsible for adhering to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards, overseeing and/or participating in all aspects of project testing, overseeing IS QA test environments, providing technical guidance to less senior QA team members, and ensuring schedule adherence for assigned projects.
- Responsible for UAT support and testing production defect fixes.
- Responsible for being familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and for utilizing this knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments is not compromised.
- Attends any meetings as required to execute the project, provide status updates, or demo functionality to stakeholders.
- Provides weekly QA project status reports.
- Participates in requirements and use case/user story reviews.
- Provides accurate estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
- Responsible for creating and gaining project approvals on project test plans.
- Responsible for creating and/or overseeing the creation and approval of project test cases.
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
- Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
- Minimum 3 years’ software quality assurance experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience testing in one or more of the following environments: Cloud based testing, UI testing, Functional testing, n-tier client/server, and RDBMS environments.
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on experience using HP, Mercury, IBM, or other industry standard SQA tools.
- Strong knowledge of a typical SDLC, agile, and SQA methodology
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years’ project management experience to include scheduling.
- 3 years’ experience with MS SQL Server or DB2 and the ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Experience testing IBM BPM applications.
- 2 years’ SQA experience working within an iterative development framework.
- Experience with multiple Costco business areas/systems.
Company: Costco Wholesale Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Issaquah, Washington
Application Deadline: N/A