Website Queens University
The Information Technology Services department requires a Systems Analyst, Collaboration / O365 Applications, responsible for the delivery of the enterprise Office 365 suite with a focus on the rollout of a Teams Voice service to the campus. The Systems Analyst will work closely with other analysts, administrators, and security specialists to enable, automate, and maintain a vast array of Microsoft tools such as Teams Voice, Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint, OneDrive as well as other complementary systems. This role requires a high degree of technical knowledge to resolve problems autonomously and anticipate problems and act to mitigate any risk. Strong communication skills and a focus on customer service are fundamental to success in the role.
- Develops and performs formal testing of all production changes including changes to roles that may require oversight approval.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the university’s enterprise software platform and a key participant in conceptualizing system changes to integrate with other business processes and systems.
- Develops, tests, and applies user/tenant policies to control all access to the Microsoft suite of services and tool environments while ensuring that security related deliverables adhere to established standards, and security administration procedures.
- Coordinates and plans the implementation and lifecycle (configuration service packs, upgrades, transformations, and software licensing) of enterprise software applications, application hosting environments and databases. This includes assessing change impact, both technical and business impact on stakeholder groups and end users, development of change strategies, evaluation of change readiness and oversight of tasks related to the work.
- Responsible for the development of the enterprise software platform; leading projects and providing technical expertise, analyzing, testing, configuration, and customer support.
- Assists in the ongoing design and build of processes, reports, scripts, and procedures required for administration of the Office 365 suite, including queries, reports, workflow, and access.
- Analyzes and translates both business and technical requirements into technical specifications and security requirements.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in order to assist in systems design / development as well as research solutions for problems that may have no support readily available.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills combined with the ability to explain technical terms and concepts in a manner appropriate to the audience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all Microsoft Office 365 applications. This includes Exchange, Teams, Planner, One Drive, SharePoint, and Power Platform.
- Familiarity with source control systems and development tools such as Git and Jira.
- Knowledge and understanding of Integration methods and capabilities (REST, SOAP, API etc.)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) is an asset.
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, MFA, SSL, and other similar technologies.
- Experience working in a PaaS or SaaS environment.
- Experience with relational database design using MSSQL, knowledge of SQL.
- Previous experience in project planning and process development is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux OS, Windows OS, VMware, VM backups tools like Veeam.
- University degree in Computer Science or related area combined with a minimum five years of experience in a client-service, project-driven, team-based environment.
- Experience administering and maintaining the overall security of with Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Group Policy.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A