Website Queens University
Reporting to the Manager, Solution Engineering (Administration), Information Technology Services (IT Services), the Platform Architect (ServiceNow) (Architect) is a self-directed individual who assists with the design and delivery of the ServiceNow platform. The Architect contributes to effective project planning; productive relationships with clients, vendors and stakeholders; and efficient use of resources. Additionally, the Architect acts as a technology owner for ServiceNow, ensuring that solutions developed to serve university needs across projects do not degrade the overall performance, cost, and benefit of the ServiceNow platform. Possessing strong analytical skills, the Architect is an excellent problem solver who collaborates and shares knowledge with stakeholders. The Architect partners with other teams in an effort to improve operational processes, increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve quality and enhance customer satisfaction by achieving on time service.
- Participates in requirements gathering and analysis.
- Produces feasibility and options analyses with effort estimates.
- Assists with developing solution design and delivery steps, deployment phases, and quality assurance guidelines.
- Develops architecture documents and artifacts to ensure solutions proposed by various internal teams, third party vendors and/or customers meet customers’ technical and functional business requirements that adhere to all industry and customer specified standards.
- Plans, executes, and monitors all technical tasks related to configuration and implementation of out-of-the-box platform components.
- Stays current with relevant advances in the ServiceNow platform, gains a deep understanding of the University’s strategic goals and contributes to the delivery of the future platform architecture.
- Contributes to the design of a secure, robust, and scalable platform for the university.
- Performs scoping and translates customer business requirements into technical specifications and scoping documents.
- Develops software code to customize platform components including the creation and integration of dashboards, workflows, third-party integrations, and custom application development.
- Translates requirements into detailed design documents and technical specifications document.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to compile, synthesize and interpret relevant information from a wide variety of sources, with an ability to pay exceptional attention to details.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in computer science combined with 5 years experience in a software system design / engineering role supporting enterprise application environments.
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience working with the ServiceNow platform and ITSM modules.
- Advanced understanding of ITSM and ITIL best practices (minimum ITIL v3 foundations).
- Experience developing with and integrating scripted-web services such as AJAX, Business Rules, SOAP, REST SSO SAML.
- Experience developing web services using technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP.
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g., MySQL, Oracle)
- Significant experience deploying and developing Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions.
- Advanced organizational and writing skills; excellent verbal communication skills.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, CA
Application Deadline: N/A