Reporting to the Medical Advisor, the successful incumbent will be accountable for the implementation of occupational therapy programs or undertaking of specified client care activities in line with the scope of practice for occupational therapists.
Key Performance Areas
Review, align and update existing OT related tariffs including in-built rules applicable to OT profession
Review and identify gaps in the existing OT tariffs.
Align the updated tariff to the developed evidence-based treatment protocols.
- Conduct assessments to measure physical and functional abilities.
- Plan and directs specific therapeutic/ rehabilitative programs.
- Select and designs a variety of activities that assist as affected movement or function.
- Assist patients to gain or regain skills in social, leisure and work environments through graded individual and group therapy and activity programs.
- Monitor the progress of patients and adjust treatment programme where required.
- Draft clinical guidelines and processes
- Draft concrete and specific guidelines to assist the medical/ rehabilitation staff on what type of care that should be provided.
- Device procedures and standards for treatment and exercise programs.
- Research, benchmark best practice for vocational rehabilitation.
- Draft guidelines for vocational rehabilitation and return to work.
- Stakeholder Relations Management
- Consult with relevant stakeholders (Professional Bodies) on a regular basis to keep up with industry updates, e.g. OTASA.
- Ensure stakeholder awareness and buy-in on the new protocols being developed.
- Administration and report writing
- Collection of patient statistics to inform future decisions.
- Compile monthly reports.
- Develop and implement health education programs for claimants and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure processes are in place to have accurate and timeous patient data and information.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree @ NQF 7 in Occupational Therapy.
- Valid registration with the HPCSA as an Occupational Therapist.
- A qualification in evidence-based medicine and/or treatment protocol development will be advantageous.
- Relevant 5 -7 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Therapy of which 2 years must have been on a supervisory level/ or area of expertise.
- Experience in Vocational Rehabilitation and Return to work guidelines.
- Experience in defining and developing evidence based treatment protocols of Occupational Therapy-related treatment protocols.
- With experience working with ICD 10 codes, CPT codes and NAPPI codes Experience in Functional Capacity Evaluation and associated reports and tariffs applicable.
- Experience in Vocational Rehabilitation, Community or Home-based Occupational Therapy, with a good understanding of issues of access, affordable and reasonable Home Modifications necessary for people living with disabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A