You’ll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We’ll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs for use across the bank
- Drive the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
You’ll need a strong background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as extensive experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
- A good understanding of the Android and iOS platforms and a passion for crafting well-tested and maintainable software
- Experience in delivering software as part of an Agile team
- Extensive experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- The ability to understand and support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A