Website Royal Mail
Our award-winning Technology team is at the heart of delivering a transformational journey at Royal Mail. The traditional letters business is declining, but our recent performance and the growth in parcels demonstrates that there is an opportunity for Royal Mail that we can capture, but we need to move quickly. By joining Royal Mail you will be helping to implement meaningful change, pushing forward with our transformation to become a more agile and even more customer focused business, while delivering more innovation, products and services for our customers. You will be working for a brand that’s a household name and a critical part of the UK’s infrastructure.
- Guide teams and projects on Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Be responsible for promoting and ensuring consistent standards/ monitoring/ ways of working are adopted across all scrum teams on projects.
- Provide Coaching in all core Scrum events (Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
- Be responsible for providing regular updates on progress to relevant stakeholders (incl. Project Management, Product Owners).
- Provide coaching to enable agile/ scrum teams to represent themselves at project update / review meetings.
- Provide coaching to enable agile/ scrum teams to remove team impediments/ blockers or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to liaise with.
- Provide coaching the agile/ scrum teams to support and educate Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining product backlogs.
- Coach the agile/ scrum teams to become responsible for their throughput (Velocity).
- Provide input to high level planning sessions Reports to Release Train Engineer.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, focus-factor, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc).
- Experienced at facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Good experience of JIRA (setting up Jira projects, dashboards, various burndown charts) and Confluence.
- Experience of working in agile projects using Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Ability to adapt and innovate.
- Experience of development and testing practices (TDD, BDD, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment).
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master/Agile coach for Software Development teams that have applied Scrum/Kanban principles and practices.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A