Website Royal Mail
- We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to have key role for the end to end delivery of the data strategy at Royal Mail, working along with our Data Engineering and Data Science team to ensure that engineering practices and product delivery have the best engineering practices and standards.
- This is a crucial role for Royal Mail as a tech company in order to implement innovative data use cases to put ourselves technologically ahead of our competitors so you should expect to have high impact and visibility from the business.
- Automate the provision of applications in Kubernetes from the Jenkins pipelines to build the applications in multiple technologies (e.g. Python, .Net), the build of the infrastructure and deployment of applications to the Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Design, implementation and monitoring of our CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins to infrastructure and code build and deployment.
- As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible to design and implementation of the DevOps strategy and automation pipelines to deliver our Data Platform in the Google Cloud Platform.
- Build our infrastructure in GCP using Terraform and automate the provision of the IaaS resources using Puppet or Ansible – more than 100 VMs.
- In your daily work, you will have an ownership on the following areas:
- Public cloud providers experience (ideally Google Cloud Platform) – in particular Kubernetes (GKE).
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject is preferable.
- You will have proven experience in automation with excellent knowledge of the best engineering and data practices in a commercial environment.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A