Website Royal Mail
The Distribution Manager will be responsible for the safe and legal operation of the fleet and distribution operations within a defined geographical area. Accountability for leadership of managerial and frontline teams who are trained and motivated to effectively ensure mail transportation between Plants, Network and Collection hubs, and Delivery Offices.
you will be Responsible for ensuring safe operations through adherence to agreed safety policies, procedures and regulations, build effective stakeholder relationships with peers and colleagues. You will be asked to review pipeline performance and continuous improvement activity utilising balanced scorecard/key performance indicator metric outputs across distribution.
Whilst building relationships with our Asset Managers to ensure efficient container flow plans in place, you will have a great opportunity to build effective relationships with Fleet Business Partners to ensure regular review of fleet utilisation in response to the operation with focus on maximising efficiency. This role is an excellent opportunity to develop professional and productive relationships in place with external partners/customers alongside internal customers that are critical to delivery of site performance.
You will manage both individual and team performance using 121’s and Personal Development Plans, utilising effective training plans developed to support national and local training needs.
- Leading the annual local distribution Professional Area Distribution (PAD) revisions up to 7.5 tonnes
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements applicable to all fleet/trucks – holder of ‘O’ Licence for site and Certificate of Professional Competence holder.
- Ensuring all Distribution management systems are complied with i.e. pre-advice, Open Options.
- Developing an excellent IR/ER climate with full involvement of Distribution employees in performance improvement.
- Co-ordinating robust special event plans and delivery.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and accident investigation
- Industry experience and working knowledge of mails operations, leading teams and delivering results across a balanced scorecard
- Knowledge of UK road transport legislation, must be Certificate of Professional Competence qualified, be prepared to study to attain within 12 months (essential role criteria)
- Good understanding of Network Planning tools, Royal Mail policies and processes
- Strategic planning and project management skills, data/budgetary analysis skills
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and excellent influencing skills
- Negotiating with both CWU/CMA at local and divisional level
- Experience of Continuous Improvement
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A