Website Royal Mail
The Service Introduction Manager represents the Service Delivery function in the Project Delivery Framework Lifecycle, for the introduction of new or modified IT services into production.
- Manage a portfolio of complex or major projects on behalf of Service Delivery through the Service introduction Process
- Verify the information captured within the PDF Deliverables is accurate and sufficiently detailed. Ensure the correct level due diligence has taken place to deliver and support the new or modified IT Service
- Populate and maintain the Book of Work, RAID logs and KPI stats, for all projects, documenting gating conditions and project progress throughout the PDF lifecycle
- Verify the documentation within the Service Introduction process adheres to the Service Planning standards set by Policies, Methods and Governance
- Identify all risks and issues that could have an impact on implementation or service performance. Facilitate discussion and mitigation activities
- Ensure that project funding incorporates recurring costs and that changes to each element of service are completely covered by budgetary planning
- Ensure that the Change Management team receive timely information as to the scheduled release of new or amended IT Services. Agree the success criteria and monitor results
- Verify the business calendar for each new service is correct and ensure the Change Management team are aware of (and agree) key dates
- Ensure the ‘implementation and transition to BAU’ plans for new services are agreed and communicated to key stakeholders within Service
- Delivery. Support the relevant Service Manager with preparation for transition to BAU
- Based on all known information support the project team to forecast the demand for all new or amended services for the first 2-4 years of going live
- Provide RAG status, KPI statistics, project risks & issues and ad hoc reports to the Service Management team for IT Gating and Management reviews.
- Have significant experience with Service Introduction processes
- Have strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work with technical staff from Suppliers on a day-day basis.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rotherham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A