To maintain desired level of fresh meat production. Maintains cleanliness of department and equipment. Ensures customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
- Adheres to Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints and reporting to the Meat Manager or Store Director as appropriate.
- Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Receives and breaks down loads. Checks for quality and quantity. Maintains product quality by ensuring compliance with Company policies and federal and state regulations on storage and temperatures.
- Cuts, grinds, weighs and wraps fresh meat products according to proper procedure to ensure product quality. Controls shrink and expenses. Prevents the sale of out of date or spoiled product.
- Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet and other required paperwork and logs.
- Maintains and organizes meat department cooler and freezer. Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor, work area, cooler, freezer, equipment and retail cases.
- Ensures that product quality, trimming, grinding, packaging, labeling, rotation and wrapping standards are met.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures and monitoring product flow.
- Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company policies.
- Follows Company policies in pricing and handling re-worked and reduced-to-clear items.
- Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Meat Department including cutting, wrapping, steaming, grinding, cubing, tenderizing and customer service.
- Ability to communicate orally and read and follow written work assignments.
- Requires a good understanding of overall company practices and Meat Department policies and procedures. Requires the ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Must have knowledge of product variety, standards, perishability, food safety, sanitation, labeling and department policies and procedures.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approx-imately 80 lbs. Bends, stoops and reaches frequently and occasionally climbs ladders.
- Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, high boys and pallet jacks. Performs repetitious arm movement to prepare and package products.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures. Must have knowledge of taste, content and perishability of products, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A