The Third Person in Charge is responsible for the operations of the entire store when the Store Director and Assistant Store Director are not present. The position is one of the job classifications from which candidates for retail leadership development training are typically selected, the successful completion of which may lead to advancement into store management. The Third Person in Charge provides customer service, administers training to new employees, coordinates with others to determine hiring needs and to identify and select candidates for interviews, and assists with merchandising execution for the store. The Third Person also coordinates with the late shift employees in directing the day to day activities of the late shift when the Store Director and Assistant Store Director are not present, including assessment of daily operational needs and training personnel. Assists in ordering, receiving storing, pricing, stocking and merchandising.
- Performs ordering, receiving, storing, pricing, stocking, and merchandising duties. Coordinates with late shift employees/department leads in planning, organizing, and directing day-to-day operations of the store during the late shift and special sales/AD needs. Assists with implementing Company and Division merchandising policies and/or Store Director instructions.
- Acts as the liaison between the Store Director/Assistant Store Director and the late shift operations to ensure smooth operations of the store.
- Encourages and maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques. Handles customer relations issues.
- May perform duties of the receiving clerk in the absence of the Inventory Control Clerk.
- Build and execute marketing and merchandising plans for the store working with Head Clerks, PIC’s and food clerks.
- Initiates corrective action as needed in the absence of the Store Director and Assistant Store Director.
- Coordinates with Assistant Store Director to prepare “things to do list” for night stockers for closing shifts; prepares “things to do list” for day stockers for day or mid shifts.
- Overall management responsibility for the total store operation, including supervision of all employees and the handling of customer complaints, in the absence of the Store Director and Assistant Store Director.
- Works primarily closing shifts to run total store operations in the absence of the Store Director and Assistant Store Director.
- Works with the Assistant Store Director on center of store operations and fills in for Assistant Store Director on their days off, when the ASD is filling in for Store Director, or while the ASD is on vacation.
- Ordering for displays and working with day stockers to minimize out of stocks.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, lift, stack, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Must sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, computer and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced; holiday, evening and weekend work may be required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A