Contributes to the overall success of the FIU by conducting investigations intended to effectively mitigate risk and address all relevant regulatory requirements. Ensures all activities conducted comply with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Identifies challenges and obstacles related to the team’s objectives and escalates them accordingly.
- Performs and documents FIU ML/TF investigations, along with maintaining supporting information, in accordance with the GAMLU and FIU policies and procedures.
- Researches client records, customer activities, and account information to determine whether usual activity may indicate reasonable grounds to suspect (“RGS”) ML activities or TF.
- Recommends risk mitigation actions and next steps at the conclusion of FIU investigations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills sets relevant for ML, TF, sanction and other regulatory matters to perform case investigations.
- Communicates regularly with leadership to identify challenges and obstacles related to the team’s objectives.
- Identifies and properly reports RGS within the regulatory reporting requirements and timelines.
- Prepares and delivers investigative results to the appropriate staff, including identification of trends and areas for improvement.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment as to the materiality of risks where identified
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Uses an analytical approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing a team environment coupled with attention to results and a sense of urgency
- Proven ability in determining required risk mitigation activities with appropriate consideration to the impact to the business line
- Good investigative skills and demonstrated understanding of complex financial transactions
- Knowledge of local and relevant AML laws and regulations
- Ability to communicate in French and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation is an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A