Our Category Managers know their stuff. It means they get to know our market. They also get to know our customers. Then they use their commercial-savvy to decide what will sell and where, so that their categories flourish and our ambitions are realised. First, you’ll set your insight-based category strategy and get buy-in from the business. Your passion for it, will inspire and motivate those around you to make it happen.
- Continuously monitor market and consumer trends, acting on insight ensure Screwfix are always delivering for our Trade customers
- Constantly innovate your Category proposition, developing a compelling and market leading pipeline of activity that delivers on our customer promises of Convenience, Value and Product Leadership.
- Leverage the Kingfisher group offer and volumes to offer outstanding value.
- Evaluates and lead decisions on range, price and promotions, based on consumer understanding and financial viability.
- Set the strategic direction of the Category, leading the creation and delivery of the Category Plan.
- Deliver the sales and margin targets for your Categories
- Work with key strategic suppliers to deliver long term growth and innovation.
- Manage the 12 month Trading plan, continuously assessing and monitoring the performance of your Categories and products, using data and insight to highlight and act upon emerging themes to accelerate performance.
- Excellent commercial acumen, project management, influencing and communication skills
- Experience of market trend and customer insight interpretation and analysis to deliver a market leading strategy
- Proven experience as a senior commercial operator or other relevant role
- Able to build successful relationships across a business and with suppliers to deliver growth
- Commercial experience either as a Buyer, Category Manager or similar
- Strategic thinker with long term strategic planning and tactical trading experience
- Proven experience in leading a category strategy with a key understanding of how to access growth levers to deliver sales and margin growth
- Experience of leading range, price and promotional development
- Experience of managing and developing your team, putting succession plans in place
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hayes, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A