Website San Diego Gas & Electric
The Senior Domain Architect works closely with executive leadership to define the technology strategy for their domain(s). Provides deep expertise in multiple areas related to the design of technology systems and tools. Provides specialized technical and business functional knowledge to product and capability groups (i.e., a collection of related teams within IT). Translates requirements into blueprints for complex business processes, data, infrastructure, applications or platforms to be configured or created. As the expert in domain(s), is accountable for the overall performance, standards, and direction of assigned domain(s). A domain is an organized set of components based on technology, business, or organizational similarities (e.g., Software Engineering, Applications, Platforms, Network, Gas Operations, etc.). Leads definition of technology or business architecture solutions, driving vision for technology in area of responsibility. Works closely with Enterprise Architects to ensure that the design patterns align with Enterprise standards. Provides technical thought leadership, applying emerging technology trends and practices within the industry to drive strategy and implementation. Researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, delivers and refines IT architecture solutions that are appropriate for the business and IT strategies. Ensures designs are optimized for scalability and flexible future use, driving the adoption of a microservices-enabled architecture
- Interacts effectively with senior management to drive vision and strategy for one or several technical or business functional areas. Shapes the technical vision and strategy for their area of responsibility. Provides thought leadership, deep technical expertise, and industry functional knowledge to define 3-5 year technical roadmap within area of expertise. Works with other architects to align architecture across the organization and leverage opportunities for common approaches and standards. Sets architectural standards, and ensures implementation across product teams and groups, emphasizing DevSecOps practices and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Actively learns about new trends in the industry and assesses new technology suitability for use. Develops technology roadmaps and life-cycle strategies. Leads discovery or visioning phase to create a high-level design approach for solutions in area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with engineers, stakeholders, senior management on technical strategy, technology roadmaps, and implementation and serves as an expert in one or several IT specialties. Provides education on architecture, directions and goals, roadmaps, reference architecture, and architectural standards. Proactively interacts with business to consult on technical needs and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities with technology roadmap for area of responsibility. Collaborates with enterprise architects to drive alignment between domain designs, patterns, and roadmap and overall enterprise reference architectures and standards. Provides oversight to developers, ensuring the adoption of new patterns and alignment with overall domain architecture. Consults with agile teams to address design decisions. Closely partners with and mentors other domain experts in the field. Leads contractors and manages their day-to-day activities.
- Defines an architecture that optimizes for flexibility, resilience, re-use, scalability, performance and availability. Partners with dependent architects to ensure architecture is aligned with upstream and downstream systems. Ensures implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact. Recommends process, product or service improvements, and owns final resolution of complex escalated activities, including testing, project management, and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Database and Storage Architecture – knowledge of the fundamentals of database and storage architecture, including specifications, rules, and processes that dictate how data is stored in a database and how it can be accessed by components of a system. Advanced
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent training and/or experience. Required
- Architecture Strategy – knowledge of the fundamentals of architecture strategy, with a strong ability to create an enterprise architecture (application, data, and technical) that is aligned to business and IT imperatives. Advanced
- 4 years – Experience working as a senior contributor, principal contributor, domain architect, or equivalent in one or more IT disciplines, designing IT solutions, systems, and/or applications and delivering IT Solution, systems, and/or applications. Required
- Cross Functional Collaboration – ability to participate in co-operative working relationships including knowledge sharing and partnership in achieving solutions within and across business or operational functions. Advanced
- 10 years – Progressive experience in software engineering, technology design, and/or IT Architecture across multiple products, systems, and/or platforms. Must include experience in at least 2 IT disciplines, such as solution design, enterprise applications, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), middle-tier services, database management, storage, distributed computing, virtualization and/or application technology. Required
Company: San Diego Gas & Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A