- Be an integral member of a team focused on site performance, site security, third party integrations, and the planning and discovery process.
- Own and evolve the front-end architecture of the Sephora.com website and contribute to the architectural roadmap.
- Collaborate with other engineering, design, and product management teams to drive core programmatic design decisions and apply modern web frameworks on top of an existing highly scalable and flexible back end.
- Evangelize best practices and guide team members in applying them in a hands-on development environment.
- Deliver the product roadmap with the team as an individual contributor.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant experience in architecting and designing solutions that utilize software and client-side design best practices.
- Solid experience with React.js (AngularJS or similar ok), node.js, libraries (Underscore, etc.), design patterns, tools (Webpack, npm, etc), cross-browser compatibility, unit testing, and performance optimization.
- Experience with implementing marketing pixels, tag management software, data collection best practices, and current industry standards regarding privacy (CCPA, GDPR).
- Experience with Agile or Scrum processes.
- Possesses great communication and teamwork skills.
- Domain knowledge in e-commerce applications is desired but not necessary
- Experience with strategies for edge caching, SEO, Accessibility, Internationalization
- Minimum educational level: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A