Website Shoppers Drug Mart
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks! Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization – endless! At Shoppers Specialty Health Network, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
- Understands the molecule(s) in full detail
- Acts as a patient advocate, exploring all options for funding of medications, determines coverage details and develops/maintains complete and accurate documentation required to facilitate a successful outcome of the reimbursement process
- Administers financial means tests and manages all aspects of financial assistance within the program as applicable
- Works collaboratively with Program Management, other Patient Care Specialists, and Field Case Manager/Case Manager (program dependent) to address patients concerns or needs and escalations interrupting the patient journey
- Contact clients periodically to confirm adherence and coordinate delivery of medications (including date, time)
- Conducts welcome calls to gather relevant information, introduces patients to the support program, and obtains patient consent as required.
- Ensures coordination of program services to patients in an effective manner resulting in prompt and continued access to therapy; including self-injection training
- The Patient Care Specialist is the main point of contact for the patient and their healthcare providers. The Patient Care Specialist will work collaboratively with other Patient Care Specialists and the Patient Care Coordinators within a designated territory. The superior end to end support provided by this team will enhance the patient and physician
- What you will doSingle point of contact for patients enrolled in the support program and prescribing physician
- Maintains an expert level of knowledge of reimbursement mechanisms in the public and private arenas, specifically within assigned territory
- Informs the patient about all program offerings – for example case management support, reimbursement support, self-injection training, prescription coordination and ongoing compliance
- experience of the Support Program and drive positive patient outcomes. Attention to customer key performance indicators identified for the program is fundamental to this role.
- Flexible to work rotating shifts, Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm EST
- A team player with the desire to provide superior customer care experiences.
- Experience with private and public drug reimbursement plan
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information, data, and regulations.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment using MS Office (Excel, Word)
- College Diploma or University degree is required
- Working experience with Five9 telephony system an asset
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details and make decisions using sound judgement.
- Working experience with Salesforce Patient Connect is an asset
- 2-3 years’ experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, preferably working with directly with patients and with other health professionals (i.e. physicians, nurses, pharmacists)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Company: Shoppers Drug Mart
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A