Website Shoppers Drug Mart
A strategic part of our organization, Category Management at Shoppers drives our front store business with innovative house brands, unique marketing opportunities, powerful supplier relationships, and exclusive brands. You will apply entrepreneurial, consulting, management and analytical skills on a daily basis, while executing and delivering real outcomes that drive the bottom line.
- Provides guidance, motivation, and performance review including hiring and terminating employees, to maintain and enhance competency levels, identify future training requirements and achieve goals to increase performance.
- Monitors product mix listing to ensure timely acquisition of products, appropriate replenishment, suggest changes in purchasing and provide solutions to minimize the impact of backorders.
- Negotiates with vendors to secure cost effective acquisition costs, more efficient packs, unique and competitive promotional opportunities including first to market initiatives and exclusive listings, in addition to securing revenue funding for SDM marketing initiatives (i.e. PC Optimum, Flyers, Marketing campaigns) and inside programs.
- Oversees workloads and provides staff supervision to ensure that work is done accurately, efficiently and complies with policies, procedures and standards as well as best working practices.
- Liaises with the Planogram team to develop and publish annual updates for all plan-o-grams to ensure the item assortment and shelf presentation remains current and best reflects the anticipated market trends.
- Manages and monitors funds in/out accounts to ensure the revenue and spend accounts balance and accurately reflect the results of the category.
- Meets with existing and potential vendors to maintain a current knowledge of new product offerings and promotions, assess category performance and growth relative to SDM and competitors, refine current strategies and develop and implement additional strategies to attract and motivate customer purchases, realize maximum profitability, grow market share, and increase customer loyalty.
- Review and monitors listing and product changes to ensure accurate and timely processing, protect the integrity of all product related data and ensure all administrative requirements are completed and processed as required.
- Negotiates, schedules and implements timely promotional events to build consumer awareness and generate sales.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Requires an ability to apply concepts and theories to improve functions or units.
- Advanced negotiation, persuasive and communication skills to secure favourable category plans.
- Manages a function or unit by focusing on achievement of objectives.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Advanced understanding of quality standards relative to merchandising, marketing and promotional practices and procedures.
- This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Computer skills to produce effective reports, documents and presentations.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5-7 years of retail, merchandising, marketing experience.
Company: Shoppers Drug Mart
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A