Website The Hospital for Sick Children
Don’t miss a great opportunity to join our award-wining organization. SickKids has been voted one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 7th year in a row. We’ve been recognized as a top employer for young people, a top family friendly employer, and a top employer in the GTA. Newsweek Magazine also ranked SickKids as the top paediatric health-care centre in the world for 2022!
- Begin your nursing career at SickKids with opportunity for a permanent position upon graduation
- Develop clinical expertise, enhanced skills and lasting professional relationships
- Flexibility to accommodate your start date based on your academic schedule (May 16th or July 4th)
- Academic and learning environment with robust orientation and mentoring programs and focus on continuous improvement
- The option of taking a leave of absence if work conflicts with your final consolidation placement
- Work as an unregulated care provider under the supervision of registered nurses, to provide family-centered care to children and families
- A full-time schedule throughout the summer with part-time hours during the academic year to accommodate your continued schooling
- A culture of safety for both the patient and staff
- A hospital that welcomes and focuses on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion [https://2025.sickkids.ca/edi/]
- A work environment where you have flexible scheduling, safe staff to patient ratios, awards and bursaries
- Assist the Registered Nurse in developing and implementing a nursing plan of care in collaboration with the child/family and the inter-professional team
- Opportunity to apply your learned theory in a practical and acute care paediatric setting
- A focus on employee wellness. Self-care helps us care for others
- You may have successful completed previous acute care paediatric placement or have experience working with children outside of a hospital setting
- You have maintained a current BCLS certificate
- It’s easy, submit your resume and cover letter, and don’t forget to mention your past clinical rotations and work experience. Remember, this is your time to shine. Highlight your previous experience, commitment to family-centred care, available start date (May 16th or July 4th), and your top three areas of practice, in your cover letter.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have demonstrated your ability to utilize critical thinking, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Completion of a minimum of 50% of an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program (i.e. Entering year 3 or year 4 of a 4 year program, or completion of first year of an accelerated post degree program) – congratulations on making it this far in your education journey
- If asked, be prepared to submit one clinical reference letter that comments on current qualifications for this position. We have helped make it easier with our Clinical Extern Reference Letter template which can be found here: Clinical Extern Program webpage. More details will be provided when the time comes.
- Virtual Interviews will be held from March 14, 2022 to April 8, 2022. Don’t worry, everyone is super nice!
- Apply to the position. Don’t ignore this opportunity. If nothing else, it will teach you the type of organization you need to look for when you graduate.
- You intend to become registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario upon graduation and are interested in employment opportunities at The Hospital for Sick Children
Company: The Hospital for Sick Children
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A