Website The Hospital for Sick Children
The Compliance Support Veterinarian is responsible on behalf of the Animal Care Committee (ACC) for ensuring SickKids adherence to institutional policies, provincial regulations and national standards for the welfare of animals in science and educational programs.
- Manage and respond to all compliance notifications and report non-compliance issues to the ACC and appropriate institutional officials as needed. Work collaboratively with research staff to resolve identified non-compliance issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ACC or the Head, LAS.
- Mange the SickKids’ post-approval review (PAR) program to ensure that is independent, effective, collaborative and collegial to ensure that animal-based work at SickKids aligns with approved animal use protocols and conforms to all regulatory and institutional requirements. This would include, but not be limited to; attending ACC laboratory site visits, organizing and leading continuing protocol review visits with labs, providing assistance and resources as required in collaboration with clinical/surgical veterinary staff as needed, performing regular rounds of animal holding and work areas within the facility, following up on reported breaches in compliance, maintaining records of facility rounds/reviews and providing biannual compliance program updates to the ACC.
- Track issues of protocol drift and identify the need for protocol amendments during PAR audits, rounds or the information received from the animal care and veterinary staff.
- Oversee the endpoint and post-surgical monitoring and compliance with and development of the policies and standard operating procedures.
- Veterinary License.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
Company: The Hospital for Sick Children
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A