Website The Hospital for Sick Children
We are currently offering a full time contract opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team in a role supporting both inpatients with gastrointestinal disorders (0.5 FTE) and the liver/small bowel transplant population (0.5 FTE). In this role, you will collaborate with a specialized team of nurse practitioners, nurses, physicians and an experienced inter-disciplinary team to provide holistic comprehensive care. You will act as a primary liaison between the nursing and the medical subspecialty team to define and execute plans of care. You will partner with operational leaders to advance the strategic goals of the program. You will provide leadership and promote excellence in family centred nursing care through the five main role components of expert practice, education, consultation, research and leader/change agent.
- Integrate nursing and medical skills/knowledge within a broad scope of advanced nursing practice.
- Collaborate with team members to provide clinical inpatient and outpatient care
- Identify and link to services and resources across the continuum of care
- Participate in planning for transitions between care settings
- Participate in achieving the program’s strategic objectives
- Help guide child/family through the treatment plan
- 3 – 5 years of clinical nursing experience in paediatrics.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, within the RN (Extended Class).
- Completion of an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program or equivalent.
- Master’s of Nursing or equivalent with a clinical focus.
- Experience working with children with complex, chronic illness and their families
- Experience working with gastrointestinal (GI) and/or transplant patients is an asset
Company: The Hospital for Sick Children
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A