Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our growing team. The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for the modification and debugging of the PLC control logic and SCADA programs used to control and monitor switchgear systems. These skills will be utilized to implement and manage both new equipment installations and startup as well as sophisticated modifications that include PLC and SCADA upgrades as well as any wiring modifications required.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective vs. hardware provided.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
- Provide troubleshooting support for Field Service Engineers.
- Work with customers to develop MOPs and timelines for new gear startup or modifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot and edit SCADA applications that interface with the PLC system(s) being provided.
- Strong understanding of Emergency Power Switchgear System, and Automatic Transfer Switch operation. This includes, but is not limited to
- No-Load Tests, ATS Load Tests, Manual/Auto Load Control, and Generator Demand.
- Strong understanding of Utility/Generator Switchgear System operation. This includes, but is not limited to Open Transition Transfers, 100ms
- Overlap Transfers, Soft Loading Transfers, Transfer Failures, and Electrical Events while the Generators are paralleled with a Utility Source.
- Strong understanding of basic electrical principles; Ohm’s Law, Kirchhoff’s Law, and other fundamental principles.
- Strong understanding of the dynamics of parallel systems and the interaction of voltage regulators and speed controllers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A