The purpose of the role is to win new business by leading a business development pipeline, bringing opportunities into the bid process in support of new trains or as a service offering alone. You will be part of or lead a multi-functional team of experts and will interface with internal partners and customers at all levels of their respective organisations. Tasks include managing stakeholder relationships, developing sales proposals, negotiating and closing deals, acting as voice of the customers internally and analyzing a specific customer need to build customer specific value propositions based on the solutions offered.
- Ensure that bid proposal documents contain strong technical solutions that meet the customer and tender requirements.
- Support the effective transfer from acquisition and sales phase to implementation.
- Provide support to a range of bid opportunities using technical expertise, working with other bid team members.
- Obtain support from technical experts both internally and externally to maximize the quality of the bid submission.
- Definition of opportunity winning criteria and parameters, target win point including target pricing and to inform bid/no bid and final approval decisions and drive winning propositions.
- Lead the creation of sales opportunities focused on markets, products and services, develop them from early inception to a conclusion, interfacing with customers and internal partners to develop compelling, competitive and winning service offerings.
- Work with the Commercial Partner and the Bid Manager to negotiate and conclude contracts within approved governance parameters and securing the best possible deal for Siemens using your extensive knowledge of contractual and commercial terms.
- Lead the evaluation, and where necessary detailed definition, of customer requirements, prequalification documents, train manufacturer proposals and tender documents to develop and implement winning tender strategies.
- Be strongly proactive in promoting the outward profile of Siemens through the use of social media and supporting exhibitions, events and industry forums.
- An ability to manage multiple resources and requirements including development of strong team relationships in a matrix organisation as well with customers
- Technical and commercial understanding of Siemens internally or a large, matrix organisation
- Strong numeric and data analysis skills
- Technical and commercial understanding of aspects of the UK rail industry is essential
- An ability to communicate and explain clearly objectives and problems
- A good command of technical English with an ability to write and edit documents
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A