The opportunity would see you in join the Mobile Client software development team (Sky Go) which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Mobile platform and associated clients. Together we use cutting edge, highly scalable, technology to delight our customers with online services which allow them to consume Sky content online and on numerous hardware platforms.
- Implementing new features according to their acceptance criteria, as well as maintaining and improving the existing features/codebase with an incremental and continuous improvement approach to deliver
- Excellent knowledge of the Android Platform.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
- Collaborate daily with the implementation team (developers, analysts, product owners etc..) to help produce acceptance criteria for user stories, providing technical and domain expertise that helps drive decision making
- Help maintain and improve existing process and policies
- Along with the wider team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application. This will include writing and maintaining existing unit tests (TDD), and helping forward out effort in adopt BDD.
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in Kotlin
- Excellent communicator, having worked collaboratively in teams of various sizes, liaising with stakeholders across the business
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of Agile methodologies and best practices (Scrum, Kanban XP, etc..).
- Solid background in, and knowledge of OOP design patterns and best practices is essential
- Experience using Source Control (Git)
- Experience in writing Espresso tests
- Development experience in one or more OOP languages
- Experience and knowledge of TDD and associated frameworks
- RESTful services integration
- Experience using Continuous Integration (Jenkins, etc..). Must be able to setup/maintain a CI environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A