The Float Pharmacist will provide pharmacy services and support to customers, medical practitioners and other retail pharmacies working shifts scheduled by the Relief Coordinator. Responsible to work within assigned territory (reliable transportation required) achieving excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and professional clinical services. Actively contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Coach pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants (if applicable)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Monitor medication adherence
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Injection Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, USA
Application Deadline: N/A