The Pharmacy Manager will support the strategic direction and vision of the Sobeys Pharmacy store. Responsibilities include coaching and developing the pharmacy team to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences. As the Pharmacy Manager you will participate in professional programs and collaborate with colleagues within the Pharmacy to provide excellence in health & wellness services to all patients. Actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
- Provide leadership skills, superior judgement, decision making and commitment to pharmacy team
- Manage pharmacy expenses, review and provide feedback to Store Manager on expenses, sales and profitability
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Work in collaboration with the Store Manager to identify and capitalize on opportunities within store/market
- Responsible to adequately staff the pharmacy at all times through effective and flexible scheduling
- Create a coaching and development culture for all pharmacy employees which embraces a passion for health and wellness
- Oversee pharmacy talent management including succession planning, orientation and training, performance management and compensation
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication
- Monitor medication adherence
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Ensure the communication of operational requirements/changes and store vision to all employees
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Responsible to ensure efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted Key Performance Indicators
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e. disease state management, medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Previous management experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
- Injection Certification
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Above average communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A