The Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmacy services to customers and medical practitioners. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and PROfile programs. The Pharmacist will also provide guidance and supervision to Pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants and will ensure that all patients are offered and receive professional clinical services. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Monitor medication adherence
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Injection Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A