The Float Pharmacist will provide pharmacy services and support to customers, medical practitioners and other retail pharmacies working shifts scheduled by the Relief Coordinator. Responsible to work within assigned territory (reliable transportation required) achieving excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and professional clinical services. Actively contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Monitor medication adherence
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Coach pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants (if applicable)
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Injection Certification
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A