Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for an Applications Developer to join our join our information technology team reporting to the Supply Chain & Replenishment, Product Manager.
- Consistently write and test solutions without errors, to estimate and conforming to best practice.
- Provide expert knowledge of a particular architecture and can discuss how the solution’s specific features, characteristics, functionality and design will meet business requirements.
- Create unit test plans with detailed test cases.
- Code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, documenting, and modifying software and specifications throughout the system development life cycle.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program specifications.
- Translate user requirements into solution design for development and implementation of business technology solutions.
- Ensure management is informed of progress, status and issues of delivery team activities
- Develop or support software application solutions in a project team/task-based environment.
- Identify functional and technical solutions to meet requirements.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT and team standards and quality software delivery practices.
- Capture and define technical and operational requirements for solutions.
- Analyze and amend software to correct errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required.
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct before solution or changes are implemented into production.
- With assistance, provide estimates for all aspects of work and work to deadline.
- Determine the most effective program/configuration solution from technical specifications provided by an experienced developer or business analyst.
- Provide accurate estimates from analysis and design specifications for yourself and other team members to work on.
- Resolve problems with increasingly less supervision.
- Ensure the development of detailed functional, technical and operational specifications for delivery of recommended solutions.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP, including ABAP, BAdIs, BAPIs, RFCs – within this role you will be required to design and develop extensively within SAP Systems
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Business.
- Experience developing within web based or Cloud Platform environments would be an asset – within this role you may be required to design and develop within SAP Cloud Platform (previously HCI – HANA Cloud Integration)
- Previous experience developing in Object Oriented languages
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A