The Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmacy services to customers and medical practitioners. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and PROfile programs. The Pharmacist will also provide guidance and supervision to Pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants and will ensure that all patients are offered and receive professional clinical services. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Monitor medication adherence
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Injection Certification
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A