Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Partners with Technology Managers and Directors to lead Technology projects in support of the department’s strategic plan. Viewed as a project Leadership resource responsible for driving analysis, recommendations, decisions and delivery.
- Defines complex project plans for multiple simultaneous projects or for a single highly complex project including scope, budget and schedule and executes tasks defined in the project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices.
- Validates and helps develop business cases with Customers, as well as develops a project charter.
- Drives testing and acceptance of project results.
- Partners with resource managers, Business Partners and vendors to assemble a project Team and provide ongoing motivation to drive projects to completion.
- Mentors and coaches other Project Managers.
- Proactively monitors risks, issues, and scope, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility and escalation.
- Leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations to Leadership.
- Engages and initiates change leadership.
- Drives Teams and Customers toward decisions.
- Establishes cross functional alliances within and outside of the Technology Department to drive results.
- Leverages governance for project benefit.
- Gains buy-in for project goals and decisions with “tough” and diverse Customer groups.
- Proactively communicates plan and all relevant components of the plan such as risk, schedules, expectations and ongoing updates to Stakeholders, Sponsors and Project Teams to maintain project alignment.
- Builds trust and influences without authority cross-functionally and across diverse teams.
- Builds partnerships to collaborate and uses influence to gather Customer and business requirements and communicate effectively with all project Teams and support groups.
- Expert knowledge of project processes, problem management tools and procedures.
- Demonstrates Leadership skills to direct performance of outside Contractors and maintain positive relations with internal Customers.
- Assumes a high level of responsibility and provides direction in a Team-oriented environment, directing tasks to finish by scheduled completion date.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of application impact on operational and business functions.
- Manages highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations.
- Strong Customer Service and Team orientation.
- Expert knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite including SharePoint.
- Reorders job priorities for Team and self as needed.
- Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, Team based environment.
- Proficient financial acumen to interpret corporate financial analysis and financial statements.
- Expert knowledge of technology applications and systems infrastructure.
- Demonstrates and employs active listening skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A