Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Work directly with Ground Operations, TSA, Airport Authorities, etc. to maximize the efficiency of the baggage handling and security checkpoints.
- Proactively assist in preparing project design and specifications to ensure that all baggage handling and security checkpoints meet program requirements for performance, capability and future capacity.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship and act as a liaison between the OEMs, TSA, Airport Authorities, internal and external customers regarding installation, commissioning, operations and maintaining of baggage handling and security checkpoints.
- Work closely with Corporate Facilities Project Management and Ground Operations throughout the installation and commissioning of Baggage handling and security checkpoints that may affect Southwest Airlines operations.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Identify capacity limitations through historical data and performance metrics to proactively reduce the risk to our operation.
- Manage baggage handling and security checkpoint projects to ensure design, cost, maintenance and operational requirements are met.
- Must have strong critical thinking abilities to collect, process, and present data to validate needs of organizations plans.
- Manage O&M contracted service provider performance related to screening system performance/reliability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to provide direction in a Team-oriented environment
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop on a regular basis.
- Ability to read and understand schematic, design and construction drawings
- Must be a self-starter needing minimal supervision/oversight
- Strong leadership skills to direct maximum performance from outside contractors, and maintain working relationships with external and internal Customers
- Ability to set and attain goals related to assignments
- AutoCAD, Revit experience a plus
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of maintenance programs and CMMS software.
- Knowledge of applicable construction and repair fundamentals, including electrical and mechanical repair gained through trade school courses, training programs, or on-the-job experience
- Knowledge of baggage/material handling systems and checkpoint screening system design principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to provide direction in a Team-oriented environment and present information in an easily understandable fashion
- Must be able to lift and/or move 75 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Must be proficient in typical office applications; word, excel, ppt, adobe
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with strong ability to plan and establish priorities
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with conveyor maintenance programs, airport/airline operations, managing maintenance contracts and vendor relations required
- Construction/repair experience with conveyor and security baggage handling and security checkpoints and related equipment preferred.
- 8 years of related work experience required
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A