Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Prepare and conduct classroom training in accordance with FAR, Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM), and Company requirements.
- Facilitate pilot learning.
- Develop and create instructional and evaluation media/materials for support of training programs.
- Maintain course material and procedural integrity through self-study, skills practice, critique review, and instructor meetings.
- Accomplish special projects and assignments as directed.
- Must be able to work various assigned hours as necessary, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, with a rotating assigned work schedule to cover the operational hours (which includes 365 day a year up to 24 hours a day).
- Must be able to enter and exit the flight simulator, cabin simulator or mock-up, briefing rooms under normal and emergency conditions.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of flight training instructional duties along with a good working knowledge of FAR training requirements.
- Must have a good working knowledge and experience in the operation of training equipment that includes computer based training workstations.
- Must possess excellent English verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to participate in the FAR directed Line Observation Program and be able to enter and exit the aircraft under normal and emergency conditions.
- Must be able to sit in the simulator uninterrupted for up to 4 hours.
- Must have the ability to read technical aircraft documents, follow technical instructions, learn and understand new technical concepts and prepare written technical documents that will convey information or guidance to others in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in order to move training support equipment from one location to another.
- Must have vision ability to view and read computer/video displays on a frequent basis.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess the ability to accomplish accurate work under tight time constraints while maintaining a high degree of flexibility.
- Must possess an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle license.
- Must be able to acquire a B-737 type rating.
Qualification & Experience:
- Required High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- Required 2 Years of experience as Classroom or Simulator Instructor or equivalent
- Required 1 Year of experience of previous flying experience in aircraft above 12,500 pounds
- Preferred 2 Years of experience of previous FAR Part 121 operations
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A