Website Spirit Airlines
The Senior Director Audit and Controls directs the Company’s internal control environment and evaluates compliance with regulatory requirements and US GAAP; Responsible for analyzing data for internal audit, gathering data for internal audit, and assisting in the implementation of recommendations arising from internal audits, communicating results of internal audits to stakeholders and audit committee; championing process re-engineering by challenging the status quo of current processes and suggesting improvements or alternatives; and communicating with and educating process owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment and the importance of internal audit.
- Perform the annual risk assessment process identifying financial, operational and compliance risk areas and evaluate existing internal controls’ ability to mitigate the impact and likelihood of occurrence of the identified risks.
- Evaluate results of the risk assessment process and determine, based on degree of risk, areas for potential audit. Report the results of the risk assessment to the Audit Committee and senior management and propose potential audits for approval.
- Create and execute internal audit plan and establish risk-based internal audit programs to address systems and controls and propose recommendations to improve internal controls.
- On a quarterly basis, present to Audit Committee and senior management on control deficiencies over ICFR, controls in place to mitigate those deficiencies and report on the results of internal audit performance as well as status on other internal audit initiatives.
- Hire, develop and manage audit resources (internal employees or consultants) to execute audit projects, including monitoring progress and quality against stated audit objectives, timeline and budget.
- Assist management with performing special projects.
- Monitor third party co-source budgets within approved amounts.
- Plan for and evaluate SOX strategy throughout the year.
- Maintain external auditor relationships.
- Ensure internal audits and special projects are executed in accordance with stakeholder expectations and delivered on time.
- Evaluate new systems, applications and process from an IT and operational controls standpoint.
- Identify potential compliance issues or internal control deficiencies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Fraud Examiner or Certified Risk Management Assurance certification a plus.
- CPA designation or equivalent (Licensed/Chartered Public Accountant).
- 10+ years’ experience.
- Benchmark and innovate to drive operational efficiencies.
- Deep capability in written and verbal communications, crafting messaging and expressing intent powerfully and simply.
- Possess excellent analytical skills.
- Hands-on and able to run Internal Audit function and SOX program with minimal staff.
- Can design effective processes, procedures and practices that eliminate complexity and streamline execution.
- Is committed to continuous improvement and willing to redesign processes from scratch if necessary.
- Uses process and results metrics to identify strengths and weaknesses and acts with extraordinary speed to develop a solution.
- Uses logic, data and accurate analysis to solve difficult problems and provide effective solutions and/or process efficiencies.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, COSO and COBIT internal control frameworks.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A