Website Spirit Airlines
Control day to day operation of on-going and planned maintenance on company operated aircraft. Maintain communication with line maintenance ensuring all work accomplished are per company policies. Monitor deferrals and ensure planned action for correction at next scheduled overnight stop. Monitor service checks and other planned events ensuring routing to scheduled stations are accomplished. Ensures maintenance is performed per applicable aircraft manuals and Spirit airlines policy and procedures.
- Effective resolution of complex issues by analysis of troubleshooting and manufacturer data.
- Effective communication of all maintenance and repair course of action taken to Supervisor.
- Effective communication to Company relating to out of service aircraft and estimate of return to service time.
- Schedule and audit aircraft service checks.
- Determine air worthiness of company aircraft.
- Rescheduling of planned maintenance.
- Swapping aircraft when necessary taking into consideration down line effect on scheduled maintenance.
- Coordinate repairs of complicated aircraft systems in timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with line maintenance having a clear understanding of work being accomplished.
- Aircraft system knowledge, with ability to communicate to less experienced mechanics.
- Read and understand system wiring diagrams, and structural repair manual.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments.)
Qualification & Experience:
- A&P License
- High School Education; Military or Vocational Training in Aircraft Maintenance
- 5 years experience in Heavy Jet Maintenance
- Prior Maintenance Control Experience Preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to maintain composure in high stress environment
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A