Website Spirit Airlines
Our General Manager of Airport Services is in charge of leading the day-to-day operations to meet Spirit Airlines performance goals, drive improvements to reduce costs, oversee manpower planning and staff development to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures in a safe and professional manner.
- Is dedicated to providing the highest quality results at the lowest total cost.
- Accurately scopes out tasks and projects, sets goals, breaks down work into process steps, develops schedules and efficiently assigns resources.
- Takes a leading role in managing complex projects while still managing day to day productivity.
- Can design effective processes, procedures and practices that eliminate complexity and streamline execution.
- Looks for innovative ways to improve systems, makes adjustments as needed and measures results.
- Manage and monitor budgets and spending.
- Uses resources effectively to obtain optimal results.
- Actively seek and recommend cost savings ideas.
- Can be counted on to successfully meet and exceed goals.
- Lead multiple vendors in different facets of the operation to produce a cohesive team producing superior operational performance.
- Ensure outstanding operational performance through effective cross functional leadership during day to day operations.
- Drive financial success to produce a high quality, cost effective business unit through sound and innovative financial oversight and management.
- Cultivates a professional, team based work environment offering development opportunities for team members through the creation of performance expectations, mentoring and conducting regular performance evaluations.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with vendors and internal customers.
- Build Effective Leadership and Support Teams.
- Review team member work schedules and look for innovative ways to reduce cost and improve efficiencies.
- Document reviews of team member performance and respond to team members professional and personal issues.
- Encourage team member cooperation through briefings and leading by example.
- Knows how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal networks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds regularly
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and required FAA, airport and/or Customs identification, seals, and authorizations.
- Highly approachable professional demeanor.
- Undergraduate degree with 5 years airline management experience preferred.
- Occassional travel
- Strong knowledge of airport operations
- Frequently stands, walks, sits, and uses eye/hand coordination
- Work under pressure while still maintaining near 100% accuracy
- Work experience of at least 5 years airline supervisory or management experience required.
- May be needed to work nights, weekends and holidays
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A