The Director of Email Marketing will lead efforts to convert, engage, and retain customers via the email channel for both Staples.com (E-commerce channel) and Staples Advantage.com (Commercial channel) as part of the Go-to-Market Strategy and Operations team. The Director will partner cross functionally with our Creative, Customer Lifecycle Marketing, and Merchandising teams to deliver a best-in-class email strategy. This leader is responsible for all aspects of email marketing including, but not limited to, campaign sizing, executional planning, targeting/circulation, deployment, prioritization, and performance management including reporting. Experience in managing managers and fostering a team culture of testing and learning to drive business impact (both financial impact and customer file health) is critical.
- Lead the campaign sizing, targeted channel mix and related activities during the campaign planning phase in collaboration with the campaign owner
- Provide leadership to the campaign performance and tracking activities. Generate, distribute and analyze all operational reports for improvements in operational deployments, targeting or all other matters related to all targeted campaigns across Staples, Inc.
- Shape the vision for future of Email by evangelizing the process of continuous improvement, how it impacts a stakeholder group and how it transforms the way we go to market in a customer-centric way.
- Develop and present new test ideas/recommendations and executional plan for optimizing targeted campaigns to drive business growth and customer file health
- Establish and monitor KPIs of all email campaigns and actively adjust the test roadmap to improve overall KPIs
- Identify opportunities to improve customer experience through flawless deployment of targeted channel activities.
- Understand and document marketing channel system configuration, processes and data flow and disseminate information across Staples to enhance understanding
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or business, or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities (preferred)
- Aptitude to effectively interact with stakeholders, including executive leadership
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner and influence cross-functionally
- Experience directly managing managers and individual contributors
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while flexibly adapting to the business’ changing needs
- 10-15 years of experience in email marketing campaigns including personalization serving both B2B and B2C customers
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A