Website State of Nevada
Forensic Specialists perform a combination of security and client care duties in a secure mental health facility for treatment/evaluation of the mentally and/or medically ill offender and/or offenders whose competency requires evaluation. Incumbents perform in a trainee capacity and acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities required in this occupation.
- Per NAC 284.317, applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- A valid driver’s license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Some applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment physical and be free of active tuberculosis.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Incumbents are required to obtain and maintain certification as a mental health technician per NRS 433.279 as a condition of continuing employment.
- Working overtime on short notice, weekends and/or holidays is required.
- Some positions require CPR certification at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment
- Applicants must meet current Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.) requirements as established in the Nevada Revised Statutes and
- Nevada Administrative Code, in order to attend a law enforcement academy and become P.O.S.T. certified.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of general work experience, one year which was in a mental health, medical, correctional, law enforcement or related setting; OR one year of college coursework which included courses in health, behavioral science or criminal justice and one year of general work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Company: State of Nevada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reno, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A