The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) defines and creates the next generation of software application solutions to drive business value for Subway in an innovative and impactful manner. The SSE translates business and technical architecture requirements into design specifications for the development team to meet current and future business needs. The SSE functions as a technical expert for the engineering team including leading resolution and decision making on complex technical challenges. The SSE will monitor multiple projects by Solution Partners to successful completion while maintaining scope within time and budget constraints.
- Conveys project objectives, risks and success criteria to project and engineering leadership teams.
- Takes a lead role in sprint planning. Assures that the QA/Test programs for all projects are effective and efficient. Provides team and project leadership for software development activities
- Establishes the engineering vision of a technical product and oversees the product development, testing, & deployment efforts. Writes high-level and/or detailed technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Directs the implementation of the software solution by collaborating with Solution Partners and internal engineering team members. Assures overall product quality and adherence to technical standards & target state vision. Plans and coordinates production releases. Enforces the application of established coding standards, test automation, and software development best practices. Performs code reviews and oversees successful testing
- Perform business analysis and develops specifications with the Product Owner and Stakeholders. Determines and develops design approaches and solutions, develops recommendations on how to proceed with the application realization
- Works with Solution Architects to assure that solutions meet architectural requirements. Designs and develops efficient software components meeting project requirements
- Demonstrated leadership in software engineering design, implementation, testing, deployment and support
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Computer Science, Math, Major or Discipline: Science, Engineering
- Experience building enterprise level cloud solutions, in Azure or AWS with multi region global support, 3 nines availability and multiple integration points
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action
- Ability to drive sound design, and implementation through hands-on development. Understands and implements architectural vision for performance, extensibility, and availability.
- Deep understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms and working knowledge and experience with best practices for software engineering. Understands common design patterns the motivations for use
- Ability to champion technical investigations and cost estimates
- Expert knowledge and production-proven application of main stream development methodologies including C#, Angular, .NET, NodeJs, Relational and NOSQL databases
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milford, CT, USA
Application Deadline: N/A