The primary role of the Solution Architect, Digital Channels is to drive the solution architecture for digital platforms at Subway including web, mobile, commerce, & marketing technology that support and enable the business strategies. The solution architect will ensure that the project architecture is aligned with the enterprise technology strategy, adheres to the technology standards, security and privacy requirements, design patterns, and best practices. The solution architect will work as part of a product team but will have an indirect reporting relationship with an Enterprise Architect to align with the target state architecture.
Coach & mentor other Software Architects and Engineers.
Technological oversight of a solution within the application portfolio. Help apply technology policies within solutions.
Develop and communicate best practices around predefined architectural patterns, proven for use in particular business and/or technology domain, together with supporting artifacts to enable their use.
Stay on top of emerging technology trends and ensure our Technology initiatives are well positioned for future.
Create conceptual, logical, and physical solution architectures in support of project implementations ensure alignment with overall technology strategy & roadmap while also working within business constraints.
Lead and/or support project teams in the conceptualization and design detailed solutions that enable the project/solution to meet its organizational business objectives.
- Advanced level Systems Integration skills and experience.
- Advanced level System Architecture and Design skills and experience.
- Very good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in architecting, solutioning, delivery, coding, maintenance, and security of Menu System applications that integrate with multiple points of sale (POS) systems and digital menu ordering systems.
- Advanced level production-proven technical competency in one of the major enterprise development platforms (.NET, Node.js, Java, etc.).
- Ability to translate technical information into business language and concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal, written, and visual forms at most levels in the organization.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and mitigating technology risks.
- Experience leveraging a variety of frameworks and methods to develop and promote architecture.
- 3+ years of experience working with an expansive global technology infrastructure ranging from legacy, on-premise, web, cloud, and modern as-a-service with foundational technologies, and multiple (1,000s) outlets
- 6+ years of professional experience as a developer and/or solution architect in an Application, Systems, Database, or Integration Team in different industries e.g. Omni-channel digital, HQ/enterprise, or B2B/partner-facing ecosystem
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience in the discovery, analysis, and application of industry trends.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milford, CT, USA
Application Deadline: N/A